Thursday, February 8, 2007

Update for Thursday - February 8th

Good Morning!

If you have visited here in the last few days, you are aware that today, we meet with Muggs' doctor to discuss the results of the CT Scan. Even though we have been cautioned not to expect too much progress, or at least not to be discouraged if we don't see much progress, we are still a bit on edge. Perhaps I should speak for myself... I am anxious. Yet, I know that God is the same today, as He always has been, and as He always will be.

Faithfulness is the essence of His character, and of His disposition towards us. Please do pray for us today. Yes, we earnestly desire to learn that the chemotherapy is having its intended effect, and that the tumor is shrinking - or at least, not advancing. But, whatever the report, please pray that we will remain steadfast in our trust in Him. That is difficult for me to even write here, because I want so desperately for God to heal Muggs of this cancer. By faith, I am endeavoring to trust Him nonetheless. And, where my faith is faltering, I am trusting in the faithfulness of Christ, whose perfect faith has been credited to me.

Our appointment is at 1:30 today. I'll update the blog sometime afterwards. Thanks for your faithfulness to pray.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always we are praying...last night I was awake at 4:00 a.m. wondering why on earth I was awake. I figured God wanted me to pray for Muggs and your family. I wonder who God awoke at 3:00 and 2:00 a.m. to pray for your family :o)

Anonymous said...

It's 1:00pm and though not the first of prayers for you today, I am "kicking it up".
Looking forward to reading your next post.

John and Carol White said...

Muggs, YOUR TIMES ARE IN HIS HANDS ... I have been praying for you all day (as with other days). I pray you will "keep a quiet heart" as you continue to weather this storm. "Though the storms may come, I am holding on, to the Rock I cling."

Andy, I can relate to your temtation to anxiety -- thanks for your humility -- I am trusting God to meet you with a fresh gift of faith.

With love from the 5 Whites

Anonymous said...

Andy/Muggs,

I just read the news from an email from Scott and I can only say Amen! God is merciful. My prayer has been for a complete remission and removal of the cancer. Sometimes God does things in baby steps my friends.

We love ya!